What Is The One Terrible Consequence Of Working Long Hours Standing In Concrete
Over the decades, concrete has been used in almost every corner on earth for various types of constructions. In fact, concrete has a very good reputation as a really strong and versatile building material. However, despite all the advantages, concrete is not the friendliest surface for workers to deal with, as per various studies carried out.concrete is not the friendliest surface for workers to deal with, as per various studies carried out.
It is known that concrete is made to be as solid as possible. Usually, construction workers have to spend long hours walking on concrete here and there, probably carrying some weight. Although most people are not aware, this situation can be extremely harmful to their lower body joints and feet, considering the amount of impact generated. And when this action is repeated for a long time, the consequences in the whole body are just unbearable. We are talking about: back pain, heel pain, bad posture, etc.
Most of the workers who have the obligation of working on concrete surfaces for long shifts, start to experience some early joint pains. This can be a warning sign of slow bone damage. It must not be taken lightly. In fact, those who spend more than two hours walking on solid concrete, and it’s quite sure that most of them are, must be extremely aware of these types of symptoms.
Ultimately, the damaged bones and painful joints may reduce the worker’s productivity and performance, which is not good for employers as well as the employees themselves.
What Are The 2 Easy Steps A Construction Worker Should Follow To Solve This Problem
There are two easy steps that can be followed to deal with this problem.
The first one is to wear work boots that are specially designed for working in concrete. Workers can’t simply use “any” boot type for this purpose, so wearing a special one is a compulsory requirement if they wish to avoid frustrating and painful consequences.
The second and final step is to determine if they “work in” concrete or “work on” concrete, to then choose a pair of work boots that has the features needed for each situation:
- When they “work in” concrete, the feet are most likely to make contact with water, cement slurry, etc. And the boots they wear should be able to provide necessary protection from those substances, I mean waterproofing, in addition to the comfort that they should look for in any footwear. They must be easy-to-clean and easily removable too.
- When they “work on” hard concrete, workers must be smart enough to pick a pair of boots that can provide excellent support to ankles and feature perfect shock absorption to deal with the hardness of this type of surface. Wearing boots with shock absorption characteristics helps to experience reduced impacts and ultimately to lower bone damages and lower joint pains. Finally, comfort should also be a concern as workers have to wear these boots for very long hours daily.
The 3 Simple Key Elements A Work Boot Must Have To Be Superb For Concrete
Concrete is a unique kind of surface that looks nice and safe, yet it is very difficult to work in as it is designed to be as hard as possible. Due to its super dense nature, working in concrete for a long time could damage the joints of the lower body.
As we talked previously, to prevent this thing from happening it is essential to work with boots designed for this purpose. And the key elements this type of work boots should provide are:
- Rubber outsoles and insoles: This is very important as it eases the process of washing and it also has the advantage of being great for friction and stability while working.
- High heel and tie up at the top: the purpose of this is to prevent dirt and slurry from getting in, as well any form of wet concrete, thus keeping one’s feet comfortable and dry.
- Lightweight: Boots for working in concrete should be as comfortable as possible. It’s crucial for easy leg movements. On top of this, when worn for long hours having ankle and toe support is essential so long term injuries can be prevented.
The List Of 6 Best Work Boots For Concrete That You Will Love
1) Irish Setter Work Boot
Workers, from construction sites to loggers will fall in love with these boots. They offer so many protective features that it will blow your mind. First of all, they have an especial outsole that it’s designed to resist temperatures up to 475°F which is enough to melt most of the rest of the work boot’s outsoles. Also, they have a Goodyear welt method of construction and a waterproof leather that protects your feet against most liquids.
I’m a construction worker, so I tear up boots better than anyone. Also, I usually work on concrete, so I am used to the pains these situations get. And let me tell you that these Irish work boots are especially good in that department. They have a removable polyurethane footbed that has a great ergonomic design to provide a high level of comfort. And, they have an outsole that is made of rubber with the EVA Traction Tred technology for superior comfort.
The purchase of these Irish Setter work boots is one of the best I have made in my entire adult life. Every time I use them I feel that I made the right decision by buying one pair and the reason is that they have one of the greatest combinations of protection and comfort.
2) Wolverine Raider Boot
I bought my Wolverine’s work boots several months ago in Amazon and I received them in a very well made packaging. From the first time I opened the box and put them on, I really loved the level of safety they gave me. And that is because they have:
- Lugged rubber outsole with a Multishox technology which is resistant to slippery, oily and abrasion floors.
- Compression pads that absorb shock and provide comfort in the heel and foot, which are key parts of your body.
- Upper made of tough full grain leather for great protection.
- Quality mesh lining for achieving maximum breathability.
In all my work years I always looked for the moment to take my boots off and laid down in bed. The pain of working on concrete was so real, I just couldn’t wait to take them off. Then, I started to look for different boots that had the features to help me with this situation, and I found these Wolverines boots that resulted very comfortable. They have great features for this goal:
- The combination of Contour Welt and Multishox technology for getting a sensation of cushioning and support after working many hours in the hardest terrains, in particular, concrete.
- The removable insole that provides comfort that lasts all day long.
- Top of the notch comfort system that was made for responding to the way a worker moves.
- Incredibly lightweight midsole for reducing the bulkiness of the boots and getting a flexible and athletic feel.
I have owned many work boots from different brands in my life. And I can tell you that these Wolverine boots are one of the best work boots for concrete I’ve used for almost any type of work. I can recommend them to you without any doubt.
3) Wolverine Moc-Toe Work Boot
Right off the bat, these Wolverine boots are incredibly wonderful. At my job, I do many tasks that are pretty scary and dangerous for most of the people. But when using this footwear, I feel that I’m using a bullet proof pair of work boots. I mean, they are really protective. I love to go one by one on every feature:
- Genuine full grain leather upper to achieve maximum protection.
- Lightweight nylon shanks that aims to provide large amounts of foot support to reduce feet fatigue.
- Cement construction for long durability.
As I write this article, I am wearing them. And let me tell you, they are incredibly comfortable not only for general work tasks but, they are especially good for working on concrete. The features aimed at this goal are too many:
- Lightweight materials used in construction to achieve a feeling of comfort.
- Quality fabric lining made especially for breathability in the harshest of environments.
- Fatigue fighting reinforcements for working on hard surfaces, as concrete.
- Footbed made of cushion, and also removable.
These work boots provide an incredible combination of safety and comfort to the feet, satisfying almost all the important needs that a worker has. Even the most important ones, as it is providing support for working on concrete.
4) Timberland PRO Endurance PR Work Boot
As we all know, every pair of Timberlands is great. These PRO Endurance work boots are no exception. They are built for demanding jobs. Why? Because they give incredible safety characteristics to the worker’s feet so he or she can achieve top levels of performance. I’m talking about:
- Lasting protection thanks to steel safety toe.
- Slip, oil, heat and abrasion resistant rubber outsole.
- Underfoot safety thanks to a puncture resistant Steel-Flex plate.
- Full grain leather uppers for premium protection.
- Structural protection thanks to a shank made of an incredibly durable material, fiberglass.
These work boots are of the type that gets more and more comfortable at the time of wearing passes. And why are they so great for working on concrete? Well, if you ask me it is because the incredible comfort features they offer:
- Polyurethane midsole that is made for reducing shock impact with its conical geometry technology.
- Short Break In time.
- Lining fabric with odor control thanks to an antimicrobial treatment.
This work boot provides comfort and the vital confidence of feeling safe at your work. You can leave your mind free of any worries at your workplace, just by using a pair of work boots as good as this one.
5) Georgia Boot Wedge Work Boot
I’ve owned many work boots that have the feature of a wedge soles from different brands and let me tell you that these Georgia boots stand out from the rest. They do an incredibly good job keeping the feet safe from most of the work accidents with their awesome features:
- Goodyear welt construction for the enhancement of strength and durability thanks to the possibility of the outsole being repaired when it starts to break down.
- Oil and chemical resistant proprietary wedge outsole that is great for working on hazardous floors.
- Support and stability thanks to a quality steel shank.
- High quality and trustable full-grain leather that is 3 times strongest that the rest and supports abrasions.
When trying on these work boots for the first time you quickly realize why are they so comfortable for working on concrete. I can’t remember any boot feeling so good just “out of the box”. And that is because the great comfort features they have:
- Cushioned insole for giving high support with every step made.
- A wedge outsole that is made for providing cushioning and flexibility.
- Almost no break in time thanks to the soft leather used.
I can tell you without any hesitation that I’m really impressed with these Georgia boots, especially at the price they are offered. They offer so many features both protective and for comfort, that it would be a crime not to tell you they are one of the best work boots for concrete.
6) Red Wing Heritage Roughneck Boot
When I first put these on, I was amazed by their construction quality and protection. After a couple of hours researching I found out that this happened thanks to their incredible features:
- Durable oil tanned leather that is not only stylish but also waterproof, stain and perspiration resistant.
- Steel shank for providing great support when working.
- Goodyear welt construction for giving a top of the notch durability.
These Red Wing Heritage work boots should fit comfortably very quickly, even for working on concrete. This hard type of surface is not able to put down the incredible comfort features they offer:
- Full grain leather upper + leather footboard + cork midsole, to provide maximum comfort making the boot be molded to the foot, providing a custom fit.
- Quality outsole with the patented Vibram® Lug, for achieving comfort in the hardest of surfaces.
Finally, in a few words, I can say they are a stunning pair of boots that are beautifully made, offering great protection and comfort for many different work activities, especially for working in concrete.
Let me share with you a comparison table of the best work boots for concrete that I’ve developed, so you can have a better understanding of what is the best choice for your needs.
|Performance on Concrete||Protection||Comfort||Durability|
Honorable Mention: The 2 Rubber Work Boots For Working In Concrete
1) The Original MuckBoots Adult Muckmaster Hi-Cut Boot
These are those work boots that achieve a great performance even in the toughest work environments by offering one of the most protective experiences that you and your feet can have. Don’t believe me? Check out these features:
- 100% Waterproof materials to keep your feet dry in the wettest of work environments.
- Traction sole that is heavy and reinforced to provide stability in uneasy terrains.
- EVA molded midsole with contoured footbed to absorb any type of shock.
- A bumper that is crush resistant and wraps up your toes to protect them.
- A construction that insulates the work boot to protect the feet against cold temperatures. With a fitted topline that snugs the calf to keep it warmth.
These rubber boots are ultra-durable and extra-comfortable. The Muckmasters make working in concrete so much easier and comfortable. Why? Because they have:
- A contoured footbed for fitted comfort.
- A soft inner lining that aims to provide a comfortable fit.
- Stretch nylon for achieving flexibility.
- Quality air mesh lining that will keep your feet comfy and cool all day long.
- Removable Nitracel EVA sock liner provides optional comfort.
- Flex-foam bootie that makes the overall boot lightweight.
To close, I can surely tell you that these are one of the best work boots for concrete, offering a great level of durability, a large level of protection, and high-quality comfort, that make buying them just a straight good decision.
2) TREDS Over-The-Shoe Rubber Slush Boots
You will be astonished on how easily these Treds pull on work boots deal with the risks that your work environment has. Mainly because the material they use, rubber. I mean the features they provide to achieve this are just incredible:
- Molded with latex natural rubber which is one of the strongest natural materials. Which also stretches up to 800% making it really hard to puncture.
- The rubber is also patchable using glue, making these work boots last longer.
Added to this I can tell you that the level of comfort this footwear provides is really impressive. You won’t even feel them at work when using them, the materials are so nice and comfortable. Only by telling you the features is how you will be able to get a grasp on how comfortable they are for concrete:
- Pull on technology with a snap closure.
- Snug-fitting materials used that are 50% lighter than the rest of the rubber work boots.
- A reinforced heel that provides support and traction for every kind of surface, even concrete.
- Not left or right foot specific.
The toughest occupations deserve a strong pair of boots that excel working in any kind of work environment and are the best work boots for concrete, even in wet concrete.
Now it’s your turn
Let me hear if you liked my reviews. I worked really hard and I would love to hear what you think.
Just comment down below what are your questions and if you agree or disagree with anything I said. Thank you very much!